This blog was created in response to an excursion to the Cronulla Sewage Treatment Plant, as a continuation of the initial ideas sparked from the visit, through research and exploration of sewage.
Rather than limit the scope of my project to a fixed, secure site Cronulla Sewerage Treatment Plant, I have incorporated the entire city of Sydney’s sewerage infrastructure. All drains converge and the effluent flows through the pipes all over our city (or more accurately under it).
I would like to invite fellow classmates and members of the public to contribute to my blog with posts of their own!
- How do you relate to poo?
- How do you relate to sewage?
- What are your thoughts on the toilet, do you know where your sewage goes?
- Are you aware of the pipes that ceaselessly flow under your feet in the city streets?
- How do you relate to the maintenance of a clean city?
- What does it mean to be clean?
Using the above prompt, please write a creative response in 500 words or less. Your writing could take the form of prose, memory, poetry, script, narrative, or something entirely other!